Thursday, November 6, 2008

Odd Thomas



Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz

"I hate violence. I hate injustice more. I just want to be a fry cook, but the world demands more from me than eggs and pancakes."— Odd Thomas


Odd Thomas sees dead people. The kinds of dead people unable to let go of their Earth lives, for something holds them here. For the dead asks Odd to help them move on. Along with these dead people, Odd also sees the dark forces (named "bodachs") that follow evil people around as they plan and plot destruction. Odd's sixth sense -- which he refers to as a "psychic magnetism" -- allows him to solve crimes for the local chief of police, chase murderers through his neighbourhood, and let Elvis cry on his shoulder. So, when a pack of bodachs follow one Bob Robertson into the diner where Odd works as a fry cook, he finds himself swept up in a gang plot to shoot up a department store, which he believes will kill his girlfriend.

No comments: